What Is High Gloss Melamine Board?
A Melamine Panel is the same material as a particleboard or MDF, but with a coloured Melamine surface coated on both sides, giving the product a sleek and pre-finished look. The smooth, hard-wearing surface of Melamine boards makes it suitable for a variety of uses.
High Gloss Melamine Board Advantages
There are some unique advantages to high gloss Melamine compared to other alternatives:
- It has the advantage of being paint-free.
- Because MDF is made from wood fibres, the formaldehyde content is small and environmental credentials are high.
- You can use high gloss Melamine board in many home project settings such as decoration, panel furniture, cabinet wardrobes, bathroom cabinets just to mention a few.
- It is easy to clean with no grout to maintain.
- The board is more cost effective than back painted glass. Although back painted glass is a great choice, it is about two times as expensive as the high gloss Melamine solutions.
- It is highly durable and long lasting.
- It has a high resistance to UV light.
- It is much less likely to chip or crack than other similar options like glass, ceramic tiles, aluminum or wood.
- It requires a simple installation process. The panels can be cut, drilled, and shaped with common woodworking tools. They can also be set in place with double sided foam tape and neutral cure silicone.
High Gloss Panels Types
There is melamine paper applied to every surface of melamine-faced boards, either chipboard, MDF or cardboard honeycomb core.
Because of the quality and realism of the product, you can have the look and feel of veneers without the high price.
The panels have a finished hard-wearing surface that is easy to maintain.
Decorative melamine sheets are available in a wide range of styles and colors, both contemporary and traditional.
Finishes are available in a variety of finishes such as Matte, Gloss, Woodgrains, Leather, and Uni Colors.
These versatile products can be used as door fronts, feature panels or as an alternative to a bonded laminate approach.
By using these melamine faced boards, you can cultivate a vast array of styles for bedrooms, kitchens and bathroom projects. They are also great options for shop fitting industries.
What is the difference between MDF and MFC?
Melamine-faced chipboard is also known as MFC.
The vast majority of office furniture is made from this material. Although different thicknesses are used, the industry standard is 25mm thick. 18mm is the maximum thickness available in some budget ranges.
The sliding door is a very popular choice for many homeowners because it can help save space. A common problem with these doors, however, is that they will not open or close properly and this article...
About Formply Plywood A plywood sheet is a type of sheet building material used in furniture making and construction. It is fabricated by gluing thin veneers of wood together. Plywood is available...