Beautiful posts for your fences can be a great way to enhance the look of your property. There are many different styles and materials that you can choose from, but it’s important to find something that will suit the style of your home and work with other features on your property such as landscaping or fencing.
So when it comes to exterior decorating for your home, don’t forget the one item that’s often overlooked – decorative posts on fences or gates. Why not give them some attention by adding style to your property. There are many different styles available such as simple square post with vertical slats or ornate decorative posts that have intricate patterns carved in them The type of material you choose for the post will depend on what kind of look you want: do you want something classic? rustic? modern? or something entirely unique to your tastes!
This blog post will give you some tips on how to select beautiful posts for your gates and fences!
What are decorative fence posts?
Decorative wooden fence posts are a great way to add character and style to your property. There are many different styles available, such as simple square post with vertical slats or ornate decorative posts that have intricate patterns carved in them. The type of material you choose for the post will depend on what kind of look you want: do you want something classic? rustic? modern? or something entirely unique to your tastes! It’s important not only to select the appropriate style but also find one that suits both the aesthetics and needs of your home.
Regardless of what you choose, the most important consideration when picking out your post material is durability: what type of weather conditions do they have to endure? Choose a material accordingly and ask the experts.
Visit your local home improvement store or lumber yard to find out what types of posts they have available. Some stores may not carry all the different styles, but it’s worth asking if you don’t see anything that suits your needs.
Decide on a budget for installation costs before purchasing any materials and get quotes from multiple contractors who can help you install your fence so that you know how much money is required up front.
Why use decorative fence posts?
Decorative posts can help to make your home feel more like a well-designed, unique environment. They’re typically made from materials that complement the existing structure of the house – for example, if you have brick pillars on your porch then a post with vertical slats might be appropriate; or if you want to go for something really modern and unusual, black metal columns could work! The key is finding one that fits in seamlessly with what’s already there – this way it will never look out of place.
Where to buy decorative fence posts
There are a number of places you can buy decorative posts. On the one hand, they might be available from your local home improvement store; alternatively, if you’re looking for something more exotic then it could be worth working with a company like Amazon.
Examples of different types of decorative fencing posts
You’ll find posts of all shapes and sizes out there, so it can be hard to know which one you need. However, some of the most popular designs are:
- Vertical slats (popular with brick pillar)
- Cedar post (classic choice for a traditional look)
- Half-round cap rail fence post (for a nautical feel!)
- Black metal columns (modern twist on an old idea).
A Vertical Slat fence post is one of the most common choices you will find on Amazon. While it is the most common type, it looks great when combined with brick pillars. You’ll usually find these posts are either square or round in shape.
A cedar post is a more traditional wooden post option. It has a classic look that’s often popular with homeowners looking for something simple and understated. Cedar posts have been around since time began (well at least as far back as 16th century England.
These are generally made from 100% northern white cedar which is a durable wood type that stands up well against the elements. It will last for years with little or no maintenance. In regard to installation, all you need is some post caps and concrete! These can also be purchased as part of ready-made fence panel kits to make installation even easier.
Half-round cap rail fence post
A half-round cap rail fence post is a more traditional option, with roots in medieval times. It has an old world feel that’s both classic and timeless.
Half round posts are typically made of solid wood or pressure treated pine. These strong posts will stand up to the heavy weight from chain link fencing panels and other privacy screens which makes them popular for use on tall fences as well as around garden areas where you want privacy but also need something durable enough to withstand some abuse!
- Pressure Treated Pine (great strength)
- Solid Wood (lighter weight).
Black metal columns
Black metal posts are a modern take on this classic design. They’re sleek, and simple which is the perfect complement to any style of residential or commercial property. The black finish will also help them blend in nicely with your landscape as well!
- Strong against wind
- Virtually maintenance free
- Available in different heights (12″ – 48″) and thicknesses (.25-.75) for various applications including fences, gates, railings or steps/stairs
- Best used indoors; not recommended for outdoor use due to rusting process that happens over time. It’s best to paint these before installation to avoid discoloration from rain water after they’ve been installed: we recommend using an oil based exterior paint or epoxy to protect these posts
- Available in various styles (flat, round and square)
How to install a decorative fence post
Installing a post can seem like quite the task, but it’s actually not as complicated as you might think.
Fence posts are usually installed in pairs and should be set at a distance of 12″ from anything but more of the same fence.
The first thing to do is find out whether or not your current fence has any posts already in place and where they are – this will make things easier later on. Next, mark out the hole for the new post onto the ground with string and set up some boards around it so that no one bumps into them while digging (although preferably you’ll have someone there to help dig!).
Next, you’ll need to dig a hole deep enough for the post. If it’s possible, try and keep the new hole at least 12 inches away from any fences or structures on either side; this will help prevent damage later on as the ground settles. Fill in the bottom of the new hole with gravel – this helps water drain through when it rains (you can also use sand) and then put some concrete down (a mixture of one part cement to two parts aggregate).
Before putting in your post, make sure that all corners are square by holding up four wood stakes around them so they’re stable. Once those have been secured into place, add more concrete until there are about three inches left below ground level. Now take out any remaining stakes and fill in the hole with dirt.
TIP: If you’re adding a corner post, then do it now before pouring any concrete – this will help make sure your corners are square! You may also need to add some of that gravel/sand mix when filling the bottom of the hole to ensure water can drain through easily.
Keep an eye on rain forecasts for at least a few days after installing posts as ground settling is likely during heavy rains or periods without precipitation. This could cause shifts which would result in leaning fences or sagging posts if they weren’t installed properly.
That’s why 12″ away from structures (anything but just more fence) is so important; It helps prevent damage later on due to shifting soil around the fence posts.
I want my fence posts to last long term? Should they be treated first before getting them installed?
Yes! If you are installing decorative wooden posts, then it’s very important not only to select fence posts that are treated but also to find ones that are eco-friendly.
We hope this article has helped answer any questions you may have about decorative wooden fence posts.
Additional Online Resources
Additional Online Resources
Please Note: The following snippets are auto-generated from an A.I. algorithm in the hope that you may find some of it useful in your further investigation of the issue or discover options you may like to chase up further. You will almost certainly find that some of it is not sufficiently related, and therefore, not useful. Please excuse the machine, it is trying its best. Sometimes it finds really useful things too.
- slotted fence posts | garden fence panels fence panels – pinterestour range of canterbury combi slatted fence panels are a stylish contemporary friendly and long-lasting alternative to concrete; purchase slotted fence posts online now. slatted fence panelshorizontal slat fencedecorative fence panelstrellis the dangers of pressure treated lumber you are in the right place about
- post caps |results 1 – 24 of 531 (16 pack) wood fence post black caps 4×4 (3 5/8″) for pressure iron decorative pyramid aluminium post cap for 5.5″ x 5.5″ posts –
- how to build a timber fence – narangba timbersthe majority of decorative fences are made using treated pine. treated set all wood fence posts with about one third of their total length buried in the ground.
- fence post decorative 90mm x 1.8m | great little garden ukhigh quality smooth planed fence posts with a fantastic 15 year anti-rot fencing decking and decorative structures for sale across many sites online and in
- what size fence posts do i need? – the fencestore blog12 apr 2018 europa strasburg decorative fence panel. home »all news»what ‘but i’m using concrete fence posts rather than wooden’. no problem as
- 53 best wood fence post images in 2020 | backyard fencemar 4 2020 – explore sarahelrod1’s board “wood fence post” on pinterest. ideas below: diy pallet fence decoration ideas how to build a pallet fence wood.
- concrete vs timber fence posts | blog | george hill timber6 mar 2018 they also blend seamlessly with trees hedgerows and wooden decking. and adding an ornate timber fence cap like the one below can add a
- fence posts | fencing supplies | lawsonsyou have a number of options when it comes to your fence posts – lawsons supply a range of both timber and concrete posts to help you find the perfect material
- 19 types of fence posts for your backyard fencewood is available rather cheaply and readily. it can add some decorative element to a garden. cons. it can be challenging to maintain.
- all about wood fences – this old housethe main reason is that a wood fence can easily be shaped to give properties character and individuality. you can choose from dozens of styles including linear post-and-rail and crisscrossing lattice as man-made materials: ornamental.
- fence posts for sale | ebayresults 1 – 48 of 4408 buy fence posts and get the best deals ✅ at the lowest prices ✅ on ebay! treated timber wooden post wooden gate post fence post the fence panels and you can add a decorative finial on top too.
- fence posts for sale | garden fence posts | buy fencing directan important tip for installating wooden fence posts: it is vital that you dig a deep enough hole to place your fence post. a minimum of 600 mm of the post should
- fence posts – buildbaseavailable in a range of sizes styles and colours our wooden fence posts provide cost-effective long-lasting solutions to your fencing needs. browse the range
- build a wood fence with metal posts (that’s actually beautiful)24 jan 2018 a wood fence with metal posts does not need to look like wood panels to create a decorative wood fence design that is completely unique to
- pickets picket fence fencing materialspickets for sale picket fence installed melbourne picket fence materials delivered we can supply the finished posts and picket gates or feature gates making
- timber turned fence posts capitals | macarthur sydney nswat windsor castle the original motte can still be seen within its walls. protect your castle now with a wooden fence and atone it with decorative post caps today.
- wooden fence posts | timber fence posts | avs fencing20 items good wooden posts are the most popular way to support wooden fencing systems. wood posts deliver a really pleasing aesthetic as well as
- wood fence posts – wood fencing – theget free shipping on qualified wood fence posts or buy online pick up in store today in the lumber & composites bagged decorative stone red lava rock.
- decorative fence posts picket & ribbed posts – wooden suppliesview our range of eye catching fence posts with ribbings that add a decorative finish to your garden fencing online at wooden supplies.
- fence posts | garden fencing | homebase43 products wooden and concrete options available. browse the range of fence posts and get inspired to create a decorative partition… or border for your
- wood fence posts | timber posts | grangewood fencingwe stock a huge range of wooden fence posts to allow you to construct any style of fencing you may require. whether it’s a large quantity for a grand design or
- fence posts | wooden fence posts & accessories | jacksons fencingpost caps. perfect for adding a decorative feature to your fencing our post caps are for use with our standard and slotted posts. planed all round.
- fence styles – 10 popular designs today – bob vilafences generally fall into three categories: privacy functional and decorative. whether used post-and-rail fences can be constructed of wood vinyl or metal.
- fence posts from bunnings warehouse new zealand | bunningscheck out our wide range of fence posts from brands you know & trust. visit bunnings new zealand today to find your nearest store!
- fencing-gates-decking and wood treatments | briants offencing-gates-decking and wood treatments. view menu for this product finish off your fence post with these decorative finials in the shape of an acorn.
- fence posts at lowes.comshop fence posts and a variety of building supplies products online at lowes.com. grand empire powder-coated steel decorative metal fence universal post x 8-ft) treated wood pressure treated pine wood fence universal post.
- decorative h wooden fence posts – berkshire fencinga full description of our decorative h wooden fence posts will be arriving very soon until then please either give us a call for any further information or fill in our
- fencing from mkm building supplies. your one stop shop forpanel fencing | decorative fencing | garden gates | wire fencing | fencing systems | free local delivery on orders over £50. fencing boards & rails posts caps & gravel boards fencing systems. fencing shop wood treatments
- timber fence posts – fencing – garden & landscapingproducts 1 – 7 of 7 a builders merchant open to trade and public. as a building supplies company we know building. order online for some great diy deals.
- fence post images stock photos & vectors | shutterstockfind fence post stock images in hd and millions of other royalty-free stock photos wooden fence posts round wood piles fence panel decorative with trellis.
- wood fencing at menards®item 5 – 10 accent your yard with sturdy wood fencing products available in a variety of 5 x 8′ ac2® ground contact pressure treated round fence post.
- wood fence posts | hoover fence co.read more: split rail fence calculator | guide to western red cedar wood fence posts are used to support split rail fences wooden picket fences semi-private
- wooden posts | rails | feather edge boards – witham timberwe carry huge stocks of pressure treated fencing. we supply posts rails boards capping planed mortised pales round timber – free delivery available.
Including labor and materials, floor tiling costs $130 to $205 per square metre. Tiles vary in price according to their size, type, and number of areas to be tiled. Different styles and...
Want To Install Hybrid Flooring? There Are Important Pros And Cons To Consider The resilient flooring market has grown steadily since 2015. Over 23% of the residential flooring market is composed...