What Is Bendable Plywood?
Bendy Ply is a unique bending plywood sheet that has the ability to curve and bend around a tight radius for any more complex wood projects.
You may also hear it being called bending plywood, wiggle wood, wacky wood, flexply and Curve-Ply
You can pick it up at your nearest Bunnings (if you’re in Australia) or other specialty plywood distributor. Its versatility leads to it being widely used in a range of applications such as reception counters, columns and feature displays, in fact, this flexible board will shape around almost any curved contour. It is available in sheets that bend in either direction, along the length of the sheet (Long grain) or across grain the width of the sheet (cross grain). Bendy ply is an interior-grade non-structural product.
Additonal Bendy Plywood Facts:
- It is also known as curve-ply, flexply, wacky wood or wiggle wood.
- The flexibility is achieved by the open grained texture of the poplar wood species.
- It was first developed in the early 1980’s.
- Typically used as a solution to form curved or non-linear shapes in furniture designs and architectural features with curves such as work station arches or reception work stations.
- As with any plywood, multiple panel size options are available.
- It can be covered with a wide range of laminates on the veneer layer.
- It is lightweight moisture-resistant plywood.
- It is non-structural.
- It is manufactured from tropical veneers and is normally bonded together with an interior adhesive.
- It can come in fire retardant form.