“Do you love your home but hate the noise?” Acoustifence is here to help. Acoustifence, a patented acoustical barrier that is highly effective yet simple to install, has been designed for outdoor use. Acoustifence blocks sound from entering homes and businesses, so residents can sleep peacefully or work in peace without being disturbed by outside noise pollution. With its UV-resistant qualities and mold-free design, Acoustifence will continue to look great for years after installation while providing excellent soundproofing properties. Acoustifence is a practical, yet aesthetically pleasing product that can be easily painted to blend into any environment.
– Acoustifence blocks sound from entering homes and businesses so residents can sleep peacefully or work in peace without being disturbed by outside noise pollution
– With its UV-resistant qualities and mold free design, Acoustifence will continue look great for years after installation while providing excellent soundproofing properties
– Acoustifence is an easy way to enhance the beauty of your home with an attractive addition that provides unmatched protection against unwanted sounds from neighboring houses or streets.” -“Acoustic barriers like ours are not only highly effective but also much more affordable than other alternatives,” says Dave Klein, president of Acoustifence.
Acoustifence has extraordinary sound absorption, which makes it superior to wood fences and landscaping. It takes less than one hour to install or remove for two people. This ‘made-in-the-USA’ material is totally mold-resistant and UV-resistant, virtually indestructible and great for sound barriers.
The Sound Transmission Class (STC) of Acoustifence material is 28, which represents approximately an 85% reduction in sound to the human ear. But results will differ depending on the amount of the fence installed and surrounding sound absorbing objects such as buildings.
According to the manufacturer, the noise source should be considered like a bright light bulb on a dark night.
The first step to reduce that light is to place a barrier between it and you, which will block direct light. The sound equivalent of that barrier is Acoustifence.
Light sources that are not blocked by a barrier will still reflect some light to you. Sound will act the same as light does with regards to acoustifence.
Acoustifence has excellent environmental credentials as it is made of 64% recycled materials and is 100% recyclable.
- Number of people: 2
- Time required: 20/30 min.
- Items: Utility Knife, Pliers, 70 lb. wire ties (included with purchase).
Steps To Complete Installation
- The plastic wrap must be cut and removed from the roll.
- The roll should be leaned against the fence with the grommet edge at the top, aligning the top of the roll with the top of the fence or at the desired height.
- As the Acoustifence material is unrolled along the fence, one person unrolls the material while the second person inserts the ties at each grommet. Keep the material taut while installing the wire ties to prevent sagging.
- Remove the tape and roll the core.
- Pull each cable tie so that the Acoustifence is properly lined up at the desired height. DO NOT make the cable tie tight! It must be loose enough to allow the eyelet to pivot freely. Try to distribute weight equally.
- Do not trim off the end of the cable tie until you are sure weight is distributed equally.
Warping of your composite decking may be an issue if the joists are wet, or if it has been less than a year since installation. In either case, ventilation and/or radiant heaters might dry out the...
Stick on interior door panels are a way of changing the look of a room. The exterior of the room does not change, but depending on the type, it can add more character to plain walls and doors. The...